New!! Thanks to Lynne Mills with the Bread of Life Pantry in Baldwin for this updated list of Lake County Regional Food Pantries. Many of these pantries are collaborating and sharing large food donations.
The Lake County Community Food Council meets monthly at St. Ann's Catholic Church in Baldwin, MI. Currently, meetings are held at 3:30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month. Meetings are open to all Lake County residents.
Areas of focus in 2016 include:
- Helping the Bread of Life Pantry convert to a client choice model.
- Providing nutrition education to youth and adults.
- Coordinating "Build a Box" Garden workshops.
- Supporting the development of a new teen hunting club and venison donations to area pantries.
- Fostering collaboration and communication among people and organizations working on local food access and nutrition issues in Lake County.
- Supporting MSU Extension's Lake County Farmers Market Feasibility study process.